1. Here’s a hint: They are called devilled eggs for a reason.
2. And, no, it is not because of the little hint of jalepeno that gives them a kick.
3. It’s because you have to HARD BOIL the little suckers first, and there are all these rules about boiling them.
Yes, rules about boiling an egg.
4. Boiling an egg should be simple.
5. It isn’t.
6. It really isn’t simple if you get distracted by the fact that the 90-second rice pouch you put in the microwave just exploded.
7. But this is about eggs, not exploding rice pouches.
8. So, if you manage to boil the egg, then plunge the poor thing in cold, cold water, you must then PEEL THE EGG!
9. Eggs are not meant to be peeled. This is why they are eggs. Not bananas.
10. If you have happy, young fresh eggs they are harder to peel. The old buggers are better.
11. Be prepared to sacrifice many, many eggs in your egg peeling quest for the perfect egg to devil.
11. Once, eggs are peeled, halved, and stuffed do not be offended when people in house say, “Holy crud. It’s like the egg has acne pits or something.”
12. Do not be offended when people in the house say, “Um? Are you sure this is a devilled egg? Should it be all wobbly like this? And gooey? It’s kind of gooey.”
13. Do not be offended when people in the house say, “Next time, can we just buy the premade kind in the grocery store.”
14. And do not have hurt feelings when they do not celebrate with you because you keep saying, “But look at the yolk. It isn’t green. That’s a big achievement, not to have green yolks.
15. Do not throw eggs at them.
16. Or men in banana suits.
17 Just accept that you are not a gifted devilled egg maker. We can not be gifted in all things eggy. You are a good scrambler. Be happy with this.
HELP US AND DO AN AWESOME GOOD DEED
Thanks to all of you who keep listening to our weirdness on the DOGS ARE SMARTER THAN PEOPLE podcast and our new LOVING THE STRANGE podcast.
We’re sorry we laugh so much… sort of.
Please share it and subscribe if you can. Please rate and like us if you are feeling kind, because it matters somehow. There’s a new episode every Tuesday!
Thanks so much for being one of the 263,000 downloads if you’ve given us a listen!
One of our newest LOVING THE STRANGE podcasts is about the strange and adorably weird things people say?
And one of our newest DOGS ARE SMARTER THAN PEOPLE episode is about fear setting and how being swallowed by a whale is bad ass.
And Carrie has new books out! Yay!
You can order now! It’s an adult mystery/thriller that takes place in Bar Harbor, Maine. Read an excerpt here!
One thought on “Tips on Making Devilled Eggs”
Deviled cultured to perfection