It’s our very own writing course!
Basically, it’s set up a bit like a distance MFA program, only it costs a lot less and also has a big element of writer support built in. This program costs $125 a month and runs for four-month sessions and starts in April 2020
Here are the details:
Every month you will submit a monthly packet. The date of the submission can be of your choosing, but it’s good to have a consistent date.
In each monthly packet you will:
- Submit either 20 double-spaced pages of a novel or two picture book manuscripts under 700 words.
- Submit a letter to me each month detailing how your writing is going and any questions or concerns you have.
- Participate in a closed Facebook group with your fellow students and myself.
- Participate in the two-hour Zoom conference each month.
I will respond with an approximately 10-page feedback letter within a week of your packet’s submission. I will also return a marked-up copy of your story with comments and grammatical corrections.
And each month we will have a Zoom class with everyone attending.
The first session dates will be: April 26, May 24, June 27, July 19. The times are: 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. EST.
Each Zoom session will have:
- A writing exercise
- A 30-minute lecture about a part of the writing/craft process.
- A 30-minute discussion about submitting, submissions, and marketing.
- A 30-minute free-form discussion about craft, support, writing life, and other topics.
If I get a ton of people signing up, I might have to create other session dates and times. That’s because I want it to feel intimate and close.
There are testimonials about my work:
There are a lot of testimonials.
How Do You Pay?
Payments would run through either PayPal, or you can send me a check.
You could pay all at once or monthly, but the program runs four months.
Once you let me know that you’re interested, I’ll send you a quick application that you can send back to me!
How do you let me know you’re interested? There’s a form right here!