Vegetarian Reuben Side HustleCourse: Uncategorized
Stuff That Goes In It
1 pound smoked Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup thousand island salad dressing, or to taste
1 (16 ounce) jar sauerkraut, drained
12 slices dark rye bread
2 tablespoons butter or vegan substitute
2 tomatoes, sliced
How to Make It
- Think about your bank account. Realize you need a side hustle. Get depressed. Decide only food will help. Realize this is an unhealthy behavior pattern. Decide not to care.
- Find a big bowl and put the sauerkraut and cheese in it. Stir it together and wonder if you can somehow make sauerkraut a side hustle.
- Put dressing in there — just enough to coat stuff. You aren’t made of money. Thus, the need for a side hustle. Mix it up.
- Wonder if other authors have side hustles.
- Go get the bread and butter. Think about the phrase ‘earning your bread and butter.’ Decide it’s a stupid phrase as you butter the bread on ONLY ONE SIDE!
- Maybe your side hustle could involve stupid phrases?
- Go get the cheese/sauerkraut mix in the bowl and put it on the unbuttered side. Do it for only HALF the bread. Put a tomato on it (sliced). Put another piece of bread on top. IT IS A SANDWICH!
- Maybe your side hustle could just be helping people spell sauerkraut. It’s not an easy word.
- Find the oven. Find a skillet. Make it a large skillet. Find the thing on the oven that turns the temperature on the burner. Put it on medium high. Maybe you could help people find things? That seems like a possible option. People are always losing things–dogs, cats, phones, glasses, minds.
- Cook/fry the sandwich on both sides so that it is happily toasted and the cheese is gooey/melted. Go start a website promoting your side hustle or something. You’ve got this!
- This recipe is adapted from Mindy on All Recipes and the link is here https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/55526/vegetarian-reubens/