Whip that Feta, HoneyCourse: AppetizersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Calories, but who is counting, really?
Stuff That Goes In It
- THE OLIVES OF AWESOME ROASTED HAPPINESS
2 cups of different kinds of olives, pit those bad boys
⅓ cup of the olive oil that not just a virgin, but an extra virgin, wonder what the hell that means.
6 cloves garlic, smashed up (not on booze, this isn’t drunk garlic; it’s smooshed)
1 shallot, quartered
1 lemon, quartered
2 sprigs fresh thyme and 2 sprigs fresh oregano, hanging out together the way thyme and oregano do
Chili flakes to make it spicy
- Feta that is all Honey Whipped
8 ounces of feta cheese
3 ounces of room-temperature cream cheese
3 tablespoons of honey
How to Make It
- This is the sexy part. Find your oven. Turn it on. Do whatever it takes to heat that baby up to 450° F. I
- Feel accomplished. Now search through the tupperware for an OVEN SAFE baking dish.
- Put your all those olive ingredients (including the olives and chili flakes to taste) together so they can party like it’s 1999 and Prince is coming over.
- Bake for somewhere between 20 and 20 minutes in the oven. Do not use cannabis! YOU are not getting baked. The OLIVES are getting baked.
- But on your best BDSM gear and whip the feta. How do you do this? Not with whips, actually! I know! I know! Bummer. Just put all the whipped feta ingredients into a food processor . Pretend you’re at a nightclub and pulse it. Pulse it again and again and again. Throw your hands in the air. And do it until that mix is all smooth and creamy.
- Find a spoon. Use it to put the feta in a bowl. Now top it with the baked olive mixture. Feel sexy while you eat it because you are, damn it. No matter what that boy said at your sixth-grade dance at the Catholic Church in Bedford, New Hampshire, you are.
- This amazingly sexy recipe is adapted (and made goofy) from the WONDERFUL recipe site that I adore with all my heart, Half Baked Harvest. You can see the real recipe there, but I mean, you can still cook with this one. But you should go give them some love. You won’t regret it.