Parents. We all have some. Some of us are actual parents Sometimes parents are amazing. Sometimes? Not so much. But a lot of parents (amazing or not) do a lot of weird things. So, that’s what we’re looking at the strange things parents do.
- Calling your baby partner Mommy or Daddy or Mom or Pops or whatever.
- Talking about poop and asking if they have to go to the bathroom.
- Early bedtimes . In Spain they get to stay up til 10 because families want to interact.
- Spelling out words
- Driving the SUV
- Lying that you have allergies – often to pets, sometimes to people.
- Baby talk
- Throwing kids into the water to learn how to swim.
- Write poems for the water at the restaurant.
- Mr. Tree – One dad would pretend the tree was pontificating about the tree farm.
- Fancy pants – Some parents only use wine glasses to drink everything.
- Going back to work right after you have a baby. In Belgium you get four months. Austria? Until they are two.
- Baby walkers – Canadians have banned them.
- Lifting up your child to smell their butt.
- Covering their eyes when scary or sexy things happen on videos.
- Trying their food before they try their food. And cutting it up into itty bitty pieces.
The actual FUNNY stories are in the podcast itself, so check it out. 🙂
BE A PART OF OUR MISSION!
Hey! We’re all about inspiring each other to be weird, to be ourselves and to be brave and we’re starting to collect stories about each other’s bravery. Those brave moments can be HUGE or small, but we want you to share them with us so we can share them with the world. You can be anonymous if you aren’t brave enough to use your name. It’s totally chill.
Want to be part of the team? Send us a quick (or long) email and we’ll read it here and on our YouTube channel.
LET’S HANG OUT!
HEY! DO YOU WANT TO SPEND MORE TIME TOGETHER?
MAYBE TAKE A COURSE, CHILL ON SOCIAL MEDIA, BUY ART OR A BOOK, OR LISTEN TO OUR PODCAST?
JUST CLICK ON THIS LINK AND FIND OUT HOW WE CAN INTERACT MORE.
HELP US AND DO AN AWESOME GOOD DEED
Please share it and subscribe if you can. Please rate and like us if you are feeling kind, because it matters somehow. There’s a new episode every Tuesday!
Thanks so much for being one of the 261,000 downloads if you’ve given us a listen!
And one of our newest DOGS ARE SMARTER THAN PEOPLE episode is about fear setting and how being swallowed by a whale is bad ass.
And Carrie has a new book out! Yay!
It’s my book! It came out June 1! Boo-yah! Another one comes out July 1.